When I interviewed lots of photographers a few years ago, I heard they mentioned the word Chaos regularly when they described how they felt and what their biggest frustration was.
Too many moving parts, too many details, too many different clients that all want something different. And since we are artists and very service minded and sometimes not completely sure of our work we tend to over give and want our clients to have the best of the best.
And that can cause stress. And feelings of overwhelm.
And it had a negative effect on people’s productivity. They felt they were not operating at their full potential. There were so many ideas floating in their heads that they also wanted to work on, but somehow the day went by, just by attending to the things that had to be done.
Chaos in your life because you have too many different things going on causes uncomfortable feelings that make you less productive and efficient and not operating at your full potential.
Now luckily there is a thing you can do to solve that.
[pullquote align=”normal” cite=”Confucius”]The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.[/pullquote]
Every morning with your morning coffee, work on the following:
- Write down where you want to be in 5 years >> give attention to all those ideas and big dreams in your head.
- Write down what needs to be done this year >> practical. how can you get to where you want to be in 5 years. Split it up in 5 big chunks.
- Write down what needs to be done this year >> even more practical. How can you get closer to your 1-year goal this month? What are the smaller steps to that point?
- Write down what needs to be done this week >> smaller chunks, smaller and less intimidating steps.
- Write down what needs to be done today >> Yay, a clear directive to work on today to make you feel like you are going somewhere. Do this first thing in the morning and all the other need-to-do stuff comes after that.
As you can imagine, the first time you do this will take you a bit more time.
After you have written this down, the month and week goals will be much easier and will take you only 10-20 minutes.
So now you have a clear road to living to your full potential :)
Let’s bring it!
And if you need help organizing your need-to-do-for-your-clients things I recommend trying out ShootZilla. This will help your mind, even more, to step out of the chaos and into living to your full potential day-by-day.
And the freedom and fulfillment that gives you are enormous.
[pullquote align=”normal” cite=”Nelson Mandela”]There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.[/pullquote]
Liked this post? Be sure to share this post!